I am incredibly proud to announce the establishment of the Toms River South Alumni Association (“TRSAA”). We are a New Jersey non-profit corporation created exclusively to provide financial support to the students, programs, and facilities of Toms River High School South.
But don’t let our name fool you. Although “South” is in our name, we recognize the unparalleled loyalty graduates of TOMS RIVER HIGH SCHOOL hold for our beloved alma mater. Therefore, we were careful to invite several graduates of TRHS to be founding members of our Board of Trustees, and we strongly encourage our dedicated TRHS alumni to get involved with our group and to help us create long-lasting bonds between ALL our alumni.
Our initial fundraising initiatives are established, and we have begun working with the Toms River Schools Administration to make these goals a reality. However, we can’t reach our objectives without the financial generosity of our alumni, local businesses, and all you “Indians at Heart.” We have provided several ways to donate, so please do what you can to help.
Finally, check back with us often as we refine our website to provide:
- Updates of upcoming events, like TRSSA meetings and social gatherings, plays, chorus concerts, and varsity sports
- Photographs of your classmates, notable events and the campus, covering our 100+ year history
- Charts showing our fundraising progress
- An expanding alumni directory
- Links to our business partners and other supporting organizations
- Information on all reunions scheduled, and pictures from past and the most recent reunions on a class-by-class basis
- Links to social media, including our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages
- Links to important related groups, like the Toms River South Sports and Band Booster Clubs, the Toms River Schools Hall of Fame, and any other organizations supporting the Maroon and White
Our website will soon be the hub of TRS activity, and provide you with a “home base” for the great things that we will be accomplishing in the long and short term.
In closing, I am proud to serve as the first President of the TRSAA, and will do my best to make sure that your support will be put to the best use. I am looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones as we reach our commons goals.
Gus Kakavas, President
Class of 1970
Michael Jedziniak, Past-President
Class of 1982